- Understand organization and jobs inside a portfolio management company
- Knowledge of investments supports(stocks / bonds /derivatives)
- Understand major types of portfolio management strategies
Portfolio Management Companies: How does it work?
- Organization, structure, jobs
- Customers : Private, firms, banks, networking
Case Study: Organization chart of a PMC
Major services and jobs within the organization
- Front office : portfolio managers, sellers, brokers, analysts, floor traders
- Middle office : risk management approaches
- Back office : Payments, deliveries
- Compliance, legal environment
- I.T. services
Case Study: Follow the path of a trade on the market
Financial Markets and investments supports
- Stock market / Bonds / rates / credit / currencies / commodities
- Derivatives & term investments
Basics for a good portfolio management
- Risk & profitability
- Length of the investment, liquidity
- Diversification: how to allocate its assets?
Case Study: Risk measurements methods
UCITS & Collective Investments
- European legal environment
- Risk classifications
- UCITS invest in stocks, bonds or mixed supports
- Hedging, structured products, ETF, guaranteed capital
- Alternative funds, Hedge funds
Case Study: How to select your right fund?
Review of portfolio management strategies
- Benchmark? What is it? What is it for?
- Simple / Composite
- Benchmarked strategies / tilt performance enhancement
- Stock Picking / Top Down or Bottom Up approach
- Value, growth, Core Satellite
- Performance measurement and attribution
- What are Alpha / Beta?
- How to recognize a good portfolio manager?
Case Study: Same market, different performances
Derivatives: how to use it?
- Futures & options
- Hedging or speculating
- Structured products
Evolution & trends in the market: new products / new regulation
Gilles is mandated manager in charge of the investment committee, in B*Capital where he deals with the stock market and its products on a daily basis. His pedagogy allows him to share with you the knowledge you need in the best way possible.
Gilles Benzaken also teaches :
- Comprendre la Gestion Privée (Catalogue Finance)
- Comprendre le risque dans la banque (Catalogue Banque & Assurance)
- Comprendre les opérations de bourse et Opcvm (Catalogue Finance)
- Comprendre les sociétés de gestion (Catalogue Finance)